Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Moment It Clicks !


One of the most beautiful aspects of doing math is the flash of insight that lets you out of a mental block.

This may appear surprising to those not in the field but the fact is that research mathematicians fumble around looking for the light switch in a dark room for much of their waking hours. Things usually don’t work out. Being stuck on a problem is the default state.

That’s what makes those moments precious. Suddenly, you see it. A germ of an idea appears in your mind, something clicks and you realize— this will work.
It is all about the moment, in art and in math.

#Happy_from_inside

Here I found an interesting image related to math...enjoy it & say if you feel the same. You can also find near -to-similar page on my desk :)






Finally,
This one relates to the last post and the connections run deep. Thanks to mine love (books) for bringing up this beautiful quote. :-)

"You know what I pray for? I pray for the power to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, the incapacity to tell the difference."
-Calvin and Hobbes.

Bye for now, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment